There are many things you need to learn as the owner of a car. Today, we will talk about how to tell if your car needs new tires. Changing your vehicle’s tires is more than just putting something new on the car. It ensures your safety on the road and allows you to drive more smoothly.
When the treads on your tires become worn, your vehicle may be unable to handle weather conditions and stop properly. Keep in mind that in many states having insufficient tread is illegal.
Car Tire Tips
If you are not sure when it is time for new tires, here are some guidelines to help you figure it out.
- Penny trick. Insert a penny into the grooves on your tire tread with President Lincoln’s head pointing down. If any part of Lincoln’s head is hidden by the tire tread, your tires are in good shape. Otherwise, you probably need a new tire.
- Bad air pressure. If the air pressure in your tire is dropping, that could be an indication of a minor leak. To fix this, you can either patch or replace the tire completely.
- Uneven tire wear. The track on a tire will wear off at different rates at different times. Your vehicle’s tires may appear to be in good condition on one side but be worn out on the other.
- Bubble on the side. Bubbles can form on the sides of the tire threads most of the time. This indicates that it is time for a new tire.
- Cracked rubber. It is probably time for new tires if the rubber in your tires has worn out. The presence of cracks indicates that the rubber has degraded, which can be due to age or improper use.
Visit an Auto Repair Shop
Maintaining proper tire pressure and health improves handling and braking performance significantly. If you are ever unsure whether or not you need new tires, come see a qualified auto mechanic.
If you are experiencing any problems with your car, we strongly advise you to bring your vehicle to an auto repair shop right away for an inspection. If your vehicle requires any type of service, you should go to an ASE-certified auto mechanic to assist you with the job. An experienced team of mechanics can pinpoint the issue and make the necessary repairs to get you back on the road safely.
Tire Wheel San Diego
If you ever need assistance with your vehicle’s tires, our expert auto mechanics at Automobile Repair Shop San Diego can help.
No matter who you are, you will always need a reliable mechanic. Automobile Repair Shop San Diego has been providing high-quality auto repair in San Diego for many years. To learn more about how we can assist you with your auto maintenance, call (619) 330-0862 right away. We will help you get back on the road safely and quickly, without breaking the bank. Stop by our shop if you have any issues with your car or make an appointment today.