Reliable Engine Repair Services in El Cajon
If you’re traveling through El Cajon and you start noticing strange noises or delays coming from your engine, you might consider seeking professional auto repair services to figure out what is going wrong. Otherwise, you could encounter engine failure, which could cost up to thousands of dollars to fix, depending on your vehicle model.
Many people understandably put off having their engine checked when things start changing or the engine light comes on but avoiding these issues will not make them go away. Eventually, some minor problems can grow into damaging problems that can significantly shorten your engine’s lifespan. If you’re curious about an issue with your engine, we offer free visual inspections. Once the inspection is complete, we can explain what the problem is and give you a written cost estimate, so you can decide whether the next steps can be taken.
With our competitive and affordable prices at San Diego Automobile Auto Repair Shop in El Cajon, you can find some relief in how much engine repair services usually cost. To contact our Automotive Service Excellence certified technicians, all you have to do is call (619) 330-0860 or (619) 330-0862 for a free inspection today.
San Diego Engine Repair Services We Offer
We offer are top-of-the-line and cost-effective engine repair services with the goal of restoring your vehicle’s engine as fast as possible, so you can get back on the road. Having an engine stop working unexpectedly can be a stressful experience to go through. Let us help you figure out what went wrong. Our experienced technician team in El Cajon provides customers with free inspections. We also provide various engine repairs and diagnoses, including:
- Tune-Up Services: Every vehicle requires tune-ups ocasionally. We offer free visual inspections to see what kind of tune-up could extend your car engine’s lifespan, then we advise you on what should be fixed and let you make the final decision after looking at the different prices. Our team can modify idle and timing settings, replace spark plugs, in addition to performing other engine repairs.
- Filter Replacements: Healthy air and fuel filters are vital for your engine to continue working properly. Without them, your engine can become destroyed from the inside out. After we replace damaged or clogged filters, we also offer an extended warranty for these filters.
- Fuel System Cleaning Services: We use a three-step process for extracting any built-up carbon inside your fuel injectors and any other parts of your engine to keep your engine running smoothly. Without regular cleanings like this, your engine could become ineffective at saving gas and working the way an engine should.
There are common signs to watch out for when it comes to clogged filters, fuel systems, and an engine that is slowly deteriorating due to defective or broken parts. Being aware of each of these signs can help you avoid a total engine failure, which can put your car out of service for days or longer. The first thing you will want to pay attention to is bad air and fuel filters. Either one of these can lead to:
- Trouble starting your vehicle
- Jerky movements while driving
- Odd noises from your engine
- Poor gas mileage
Bad air filters also tend to cause black smoke to come from your vehicle’s exhaust pipe. When it comes to fuel systems, there a few common signs to look out for:
- Delayed acceleration when you press the gas pedal
- Less overall power
- Poor gas mileage
Maintaining a healthy fuel system means checking for buildup inside the gas pump, fuel injectors, and fuel lines that move the fuel to and from your engine. One main downfall of not keeping track of your fuel lines is wasting gas.
Signs that your car could use a tune-up include:
- Dashboard lights like the check engine light
- A car engine that shakes abnormally
- Poor acceleration
- Unexplainable noises
Steps We Take to Check Your Engine
Having your car engine checked thoroughly is our top priority in El Cajon. We do this by running through our comprehensive list of engine parts to inspect, including:
- Oil filters
- Ignition modules
- Vapor canister filters
- Ignition wires
- Engine sensors
- Emission control system
- Fuel pumps
- Ignition coil pack
- Distributor cap and rotor
- Crankshaft vent filter
Ensuring all these parts are running effectively is vital for maintaining the life of your engine. We will work with you each step of the way to make sure you understand exactly what is going with your engine, how certain engine repairs will help, and what the potential consequences of not seeking certain engine repairs could be.
What will happen first is we will hear what you have noticed going on with your engine and then we will conduct an inspection. During the inspection, we will note any issues we find and will explain them to you along with a free written estimate of the costs of each repair. Once you agree with our plan, we will commence with making the repairs.
Why You Should Work with San Diego Automobile Repair Shop in El Cajon
The reason many of our customers leave satisfied with our services and come back later is that we have an ASE certified team of technicians who are dedicated to making life with your vehicle easier. We do this by explaining our process step-by-step and remaining transparent about prices and the work that we provide.
At San Diego Automobile Repair Shop in El Cajon, we also provide benefits like free towing services and inspections. When we make repairs, we do so with advanced technology and tools to give your car the best service possible. We accept a variety of auto insurance companies and cover up to $500 deductibles when it comes to engine repair services after an auto accident.
Our prices are affordable for the services we provide. If you have been noticing any kind of strange things going with your car engine lately, call us today at (619) 330-0860 or (619) 330-0862 to schedule your free inspection.