El Cajon Comprehensive Vehicle Maintenance
Thousands of miles are traveled from San Diego to El Cajon every day. After all the miles your car travels, things eventually start to break and wear down. The more your vehicle breaks down, the more you notice changes. Changes can be subtle delays at first and then become odd noises and major problems like a car battery failure.
What you can do to save money on expensive repairs later is to have your vehicle inspected and fixed sooner than later. Delaying the inevitable can make minor problems exacerbate into major malfunctions with high dollar costs. No one wants to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars repairing an engine or transmission system. Having yearly inspections is one way you can prevent this.
The good news is we offer free visual inspections. While we cannot offer free repairs, we can provide you with competitive written cost estimates to give you affordable car maintenance options. Our ASE certified employees possess substantial training in handling thorough inspections and efficient repairs. All you have to do to schedule a free inspection is call San Diego Automobile Repair Shop El Cajon at (619) 330-0860 or (619) 330-0862.
What Types of Maintenance Services Do We Provide in El Cajon?
If you are searching for affordable and quality auto maintenance services, then you have come to the right place. Each unique vehicle comes with its own needs and requirements for inspection and repair. We provide a comprehensive array of maintenance services with experience in working with a multitude of different automobiles. The services we provide include:
- Transmission Services: Since transmission can be one of the most expensive replacements to make, our team is dedicated to making sure we thoroughly inspect your transmission system to catch any early signs of a transmission that is going out. We do this by assessing transmission gears and fluids. When needed, we can replace transmission fluids.
- Engine Diagnosis: If your check engine light is on or we find issues with your engine that could become worse, we can advise you on the best steps for resolving these issues. We can start making the needed repairs if you agree with the estimated costs.
- Oil Changes: Over time, soot and dirt can build up and clog up your car’s engine, rendering your engine useless. Our ASE certified team can remove all the built-up residue to protect your engine from shutting down.
- Standard Tune-Ups: A standard tune-up is like a health physical for your car to make sure everything is working right. Tune-ups help prevent more expensive car repairs later on. Depending on what we find, we can replace hoses, belts, spark plugs, and any other defective parts.
- Filter Replacement Services: Not only can clogged or damaged air filters reduce your gas mileage by at least 10%, but faulty filters can also lead to serious engine malfunctions and drain your vehicle’s horsepower. We locate and replace bad air filters by running through the process of checking your fuel, PVC, air, and cabin filters.
- A/C Recharging: Whenever you notice your air conditioner not cooling or heating as well as the system used to in the past, our mechanics are prepared to use recharges and evacuations.
- Coolant/Antifreeze Replacement Services: To make sure your engine does not overheat, you will want to have your coolant and antifreeze checked. When we replace your coolant, we will do so with a high-quality and longer-lasting coolant.
- Battery Checks: A broken car battery can mean a broken-down car that cannot run. First, we assess the condition of your vehicle’s battery and then, as needed, replace cables, clean terminals, and tighten loose connections. Then we test out your battery again to make sure the job has been done right.
- Hoses and Belts: A torn hose or belt can lead to a chain reaction of problems. Common signs include puddles under your vehicle, an overheated engine, delays starting your car, and difficulty steering. We offer full hose and belt replacement services.
- Windshield Wiper Repairs: Not only are broken windshield wipers inconvenient, but they can also be dangerous when driving in heavy storms. This is why we offer affordable, but effective windshield wiper repair and replacement.
- Tire Services: Our team of technicians can help you maintain proper tire balance, air pressure, and tread depth. Additional tire services we offer are inflations and rotations.
- Shocks and Struts: Once your vehicle has traveled at least 1,000 miles, it is a good idea to have your struts and shocks tested for any issues.
- Radiator Services: If your vehicle’s temperature is unusually overheated, we can check and repair any problems with the radiator.
- 30/60/90,000 Services: We provide various maintenance services for cars that have traveled 30/60/90,000 miles.
- Light Replacement Services: We can repair and replace brake lights, interior lights, and various other lights.
Importance of Regular Car Maintenance
Overall, the main reasons you should seek routine auto maintenance in El Cajon are:
- Save time: Minor issues that become larger problems can take longer to fix.
- Save money: Minor issues can also become expensive repairs if they are ignored.
- Protect yourself and others: Ensuring your car has no problems each year decreases your chances of an auto accident.
- Avoid a total break-down: Having your car break down in the middle of a highway can be both risky and terrifying.
Recommended Schedule for Auto Maintenance
At Automobile Repair Shop El Cajon, we recommend the following maintenance schedule:
- Every Month: Check the engine light, car lights, tire pressure, and windshield wiper fluids.
- Every Three Months: Check belts, cables, hoses, filters, batteries, power steering fluid, engine oil, and transmission fluids.
- Every Six Months: Check the chassis lubrication and air filters.
- Every Year: Check coolant, steering, air cabin filter, power steering fluid, and suspension.
Unique Benefits When You Choose Automobile Maintenance in El Cajon
You might be wondering why you should hire us at San Diego Automobile Repair Shop El Cajon. What we have to offer are ASE certified technicians that use advanced technology and effective repair skills to have your car fixed fast and effectively. We also provide free tow services and cost estimates. You can reach us by dialing (619) 330-0860 or (619) 330-0862 to speak with a representative.