What Is Involved in a San Diego Brake Service?
In order to properly complete a brake job, the mechanic San Diego will first have to conduct an in-depth inspection to determine which components are damaged and need to be replaced. At the majority of San Diego brake shops, service includes replacing pads and rotors. However, there are many other components that are crucial to the system — and your safety.
Your vehicle’s brakes are the most important safety feature and should be worked on properly every time. Automobile Repair Shop San Diego employs mechanics who are ASE certified brake repair specialists with years of experience providing top-quality service in the San Diego area.
What Inspections Are Included in a Brake Check?
There are many inspections crucial to performing a proper brake check. Your mechanic San Diego will:
- Test drive the car to check for signs of brake issues, like shaking, grinding, squealing noises, low brake pedal, and diminished stopping power.
- Check the disc brake pads and look for signs of uneven wear, cracks, or separation from plates.
- Inspect calipers and wheel cylinders for cracks and leaks.
- Inspect the master cylinder for leaks and worn or damaged linings.
- Review lines and hoses for leaks, corrosion, and other signs of damage.
- Check the brake fluid level and condition.
- On cars with rear drum brakes, make sure that shoes are the proper thickness and are not loose or cracked.
- Inspect drum hardware for any corroded, loose, or discolored parts.
- Make sure proper operation of ABS and brake warning lights.
- Check for proper parking and emergency brake function.
After a detailed inspection of the brake system, an auto mechanic San Diego can make the right recommendations of which components should be replaced, which are in good condition, and which need attention in the future. Components wear at different rates, so you may have options to replace the necessary components or replace all the parts at one time. Be sure to follow some key driving tips and stay up-to-date with regular maintenance to prevent brake issues and avoid costly repairs.
This is a choice that should be made on a case-by-case basis, taking into consideration the condition of each part and your budget constraints. Components can be changed as needed to make sure that you get the most of your repairs, or you can save some time and money by replacing the whole system to a like-new condition during one visit.
Brake Sevice San Diego
Automobile Repair Shop San Diego is a family-owned and operated business that has provided quality car service in San Diego for years. We offer you hassle-free estimates and repairs in San Diego starting with a precise assessment of your vehicle’s current issues. We will tow your vehicle for FREE to our shop, organize for a rental car, and work directly with the insurance company to streamline the repair process by providing quick and easy auto repair San Diego. We will even pay up to $500 of your deductible. Contact us today at 1 (619) 330-0862 to see how we can help.