How Can Preventative Maintenance Help My Car or Truck?
Preventative vehicle maintenance makes sure your vehicle is in good working condition and can help prevent what could potentially lead to roadside breakdowns. At Auto Repair Shop San Diego, we believe that preventative maintenance is the leading priority of any vehicle owner.
Why? Well, preventative maintenance can make sure that your car’s primary mechanical systems are functioning properly and efficiently. In the end, your vehicle is a huge investment and you want to ensure it lasts. Regularly maintaining your vehicle can reduce the chances of issues and makes it easier to spot any problems, while also prolonging the longevity of your car.
Your engine is composed of hundreds of complicated components that work together to ensure your car starts and runs properly. Over time, these parts can wear down, which can cause a loss of vehicle performance and fuel economy. Maintaining these components will aid the engine’s performance and help it last longer, but your engine is just the start of our preventative auto maintenance services in San Diego.
All of your car’s components, from its hoses to its filters, are crucial to the driving performance. Servicing them regularly in accordance with your manufacturer’s schedule allows you to maintain your vehicle in functional working order. That’s why we offer a 32-point inspection each time you have your vehicle serviced at Auto Repair Shop San Diego. We also maintain a detailed account of your car’s service history so you’re aware of what has been done to your vehicle and when.
What if Something Goes Wrong With My Car or Truck?
If something is wrong with your vehicle, there can be a chain reaction that impacts the performance of another component. For example, if you skip replacing your timing belt costing around $700, you could have to pay more than $2,000 to replace your engine later. Poor vehicle maintenance can have other side-effects like car crashes or expenses resulting from accidents. According to expert reports, around $2 billion is spent on vehicles that crashed due to poor car maintenance.
The team of experienced technicians at Auto Repair Shop San Diego will inform you when your vehicle is properly maintained and will make sure it stays in reliable condition for years to come.
Auto Repair Shop San Diego’s Recommended Auto Maintenance Checklist
- Oil & Filter Change
- This should be completed every 3,000 miles or three months
- Many newer vehicles are lubed for life, but many other cars may still need this service
- Steering and suspension components may need lubrication
- Belts & Hoses
- Check at each oil change
- Replace if worn, leaking, brittle, crack, rusted, or swollen
- Check V-belts and serpentine belts for tension and condition
- Change belts if cracked, frayed, glazed, or worn
- Engine Air Filter
- Check every oil change
- Replace each year or when showing signs of contamination
- Cabin Filter
- Change each year or when dirty, clogged
- Differential, Manual Transmission, and Transfer Case
- Check fluids at each oil change
- Change every 4 years or 50,000 miles
- Windshield Washer Fluid
- Check monthly and fill with washer fluid
- Fuel Filter
- Change filter every 2 years or 24,000 miles
- Automatic Transmission Fluid
- 2 years or 24,000 miles
- Power Steering Fluid
- Change fluid every 2 years or 24,000 miles
- Coolant (Antifreeze)
- Change every 2 years or 24,000 miles
- If low, check mixture to maintain adequate levels
- Battery & Cables
- Every three years the battery should be tested and replaced if needed
- Check the battery connection to ensure it is securely mounted every oil change
- Timing Belt
- Generally between 60,000 and 90,000 miles
- Change the oxygen sensor at the manufacturer’s recommended intervals
- The spark plug replacement range is between 30,000 and 100,000 miles
- Brake Service
- Check the entire brake system annually
- Change brake fluid every 2 years or 24,000 miles
Preventative Auto Maintenance Prevents Expensive Repairs in San Diego
Be certain that you go through this checklist every few months and make sure that your vehicle has undergone regular preventative maintenance. You should also have your vehicle inspected before making a long trip, just to make sure there are no issues that will occur while you’re on the road. You don’t want to put yourself in a situation where you breakdown miles from a service station or are stuck alone on a highway while on your road trip. In order to find out what items on our checklist are applicable to your vehicle, always check the manual to find out the suggested maintenance intervals from your car manufacturer. We can even print them out for you if necessary.
Seasonal Car Preventative Maintenance
Another thing you should keep in mind is that the changing of the seasons should prompt you to have some vehicle maintenance performed on your vehicle. You should get an alignment, tire rotation, tire replacement, exhaust system checks, and possibly more before winter arrives. You’ll feel more confident knowing that your vehicle has been checked and maintained, and your vehicle will driver well even in extreme conditions. You can check with a mechanic about any required preventative maintenance at Auto Repair Shop San Diego. Don’t wait until it’s too late, or you could experience trouble while driving on the road.
Don’t wait until your vehicle suffers from a breakdown. Contact Auto Repair Shop San Diego for your preventative auto maintenance today. No maintenance job is too small for our team of ASE-certified and professional technicians.
San Diego Auto Repair Shops
Automobile Repair Shop San Diego is a family-owned and operated business that has been providing the best repair experience in San Diego. We will offer you hassle-free auto repairs starting with a precise damage assessment or estimate. We will tow your vehicle for FREE to our shop, organize for a rental car, and work directly with the insurance company to streamline the repair process. We will even pay up to $500 of your deductible. Contact us today to see how we can help you.