Corrective auto maintenance in the form of a coolant cleanse, radiator repair, and radiator replacement are the three types of radiator repair services available.
- Coolant Flush. If it’s not a leak, start with a coolant flush. Inside the cooling system, an additive breaks off rust and buildup. It’s then thoroughly cleaned and refilled with new coolant. It works part of the time and some of the time it doesn’t. It may be worth a shot.
- Radiator Repair. It is sometimes necessary to repair a radiator leak. The radiator must be removed from the vehicle and transported to a facility where it may be tested and repaired. There is a chance you could get lucky and be able to fix it. The disadvantage of this vehicle repair is that it will keep your automobile out of service for a few days. An auto repair shop in La Mesa will require time to fix the leak — if it can be repaired at all. Even if your automobile has been without a radiator for a day or two, you may require a radiator replacement.
- Radiator Replacement. Other times, it’s clear that a car radiator should be replaced rather than fixed. A broken tank or a large hole in the core, for example, will need to be replaced. This will be quicker than a radiator repair service. However, it will be more expensive.
What Does it Cost to Repair a Radiator?
Although it isn’t the most expensive repair in the world, it can still impact your wallet.
- The cheapest option is to flush the radiator coolant. It generally typically costs $100. However, it only works half of the time. There’s a chance you’ll require further work.
- The cost of a radiator repair ranges from $80 to $175, depending on the kind of radiator. The radiator repair cost must also include the cost of labor to remove and replace the radiator, which is likely to be another $200.
- The cost of replacing a radiator varies based on the brand and model. A new radiator may cost between $250 and $700 in parts, plus $200 in labor.
Of course, if you neglect the problem at first, the cost of repair will be exponentially higher. If your engine overheats, you may need to have it repaired or replaced. Take your car in to have it checked out by a qualified auto mechanic in La Mesa today at Automobile Repair Shop San Diego.
Car Radiator Repair in La Mesa
Automobile Repair Shop San Diego has been providing high-quality auto repair in La Mesa for many years. After a comprehensive examination of your vehicle’s existing difficulties, we provide you with hassle-free quotes and repairs. We’ll tow your car for free, provide a rental car, and deal with your insurance provider directly to expedite the auto repair procedure. We’ll even cover your deductible up to $500. To learn more about how we can assist you, call (619) 330-0862 right now.