Unfortunately, our cars are not able to talk to us. That means we may not always know if there is something wrong or needs to be repaired. However, we can pay attention to warning signs, some of which are louder than others. When your vehicle makes certain noises under the hood, it can mean many things, but the most crucial takeaway is that you should schedule a visit at Automobile Repair Shop San Diego for a thorough inspection to see if anything is wrong and have it repaired.
Typical Warning Signs for Auto Repair in San Diego
When you hear one of these noises coming from your engine, it is your car crying out for help. Here are some engine noises that essentially scream it is time for service or maintenance:
- Hissing Sounds. If you hear a hissing noise emanating from your engine, it is usually a sign that there is a problem with your car’s cooling system or vacuum line.
- Clunking. Is your car making a clunking noise, particularly when your vehicle is going over a home or pothole? Well, if the answer is yes, then your car may be trying to tell you that there is a problem with the undercarriage.
- Howling. You may not even know that your car can make a howling noise, but it certainly can. If you hear a howling from the engine, your vehicle is trying to tell you that there is an issue with your differential.
- Squealing and Shrieking. When you hear your car making a high-pitched, squawking noise, it may be a sign that there is a problem with your serpentine belt.
- Screeching When You Step On Your Brakes. If you hear a screeching noise when you hit the brakes, it may be a sign that your brakes are failing.
Visit a Quality Auto Repair Shop San Diego Today
Whatever the sound may be, if you are hearing any of these noises, it may be a sign that something is not right with your car. We recommend that you bring your vehicle to a qualified auto mechanic in San Diego at Automobile Repair Shop San Diego for an inspection performed by an ASE-certified technician.
A quality auto repair shop in San Diego can identify and diagnose any issues that may be causing the noise and discuss the best course of action to meet your budget and needs. Schedule an appointment today to have your car checked out.
Auto Repair Shop San Diego
Automobile Repair Shop San Diego is a family-owned and operated repair shop that has provided quality auto repair in San Diego for years. We offer you hassle-free estimates and repairs in San Diego starting with a precise assessment of your vehicle’s current issues. We will tow your vehicle for FREE to our shop, organize a rental car, and work directly with the insurance company to streamline the repair process. We will even pay up to $500 of your deductible. Contact us today at (619) 330-0862 to see how we can help.