Engine Repair Services You Can Rely On
You might notice your engine check light is on while traveling through Mission Bay or Pacific Beach. This tends to bring up thoughts of expensive repairs for some people. Others may become concerned about their engine unexpectedly breaking down in the middle of the road. In either case, we are prepared to help.
If your engine quit and left you stranded in the middle of the road, we can pick your vehicle up for free. We provide free towing services to those who need them. Once your vehicle is at San Diego Automobile Repair Shop, we can start a free visual inspection to identify the problem with your engine. Our Automotive Service Excellence certified team of technicians is prepared to fix any kind of engine issue.
After we identify the problem, we can give you a cost estimate for each repair or replacement. To get started, call us at (619) 330-0860 or (619) 330-0862.
What San Diego Engine Repair Services Do We Offer?
Experiencing engine problems in Mission Bay or Pacific Beach can be difficult. What our team can do is locate the exact causes of your vehicle’s engine problems and make the needed repairs or replacements. When it comes to our engine repair services, we offer a wide range of them:
- Engine Diagnosis: A check engine light can come on for a number of reasons, all of which we can explore with our specialized equipment. Once we diagnose your engine troubles by pinpointing the issues, we can then list the repairs your engine needs to function properly again. We provide a list of free cost estimates to help you decide.
- Tune-Ups: Annual tune-ups can help you avoid potential engine problems in the future by double-checking faulty parts and minor issues that could build up to serious malfunctions. During our standard tune-up, our ASE certified mechanics will assess your engine for any worn or dysfunctional parts. We can then make replacements as necessary for worn out parts. We can also modify idle or timing settings.
- Filter Replacements: Dirty or damaged air and fuel filters can also cause engine malfunctions. Our team will look for any faulty filters and will replace them with new filters with an extended warranty.
- Fuel System Cleaning Services: Clogged fuel system lines and injectors can result in serious problems for your vehicle’s engine. Our team works with a three-step cleaning process to eradicate all the built-up soot in your fuel system. Not taking care of this could also lead to poor gas mileage.
There are several signs you can look out for when it comes to an engine that is going out or has problems that could lead to engine failure. Recognizing some of these common signs can help you know when it is time to visit our repair shop in Mission Bay or Pacific Beach.
Air and fuel filters are the first things you can keep an eye on. Faulty air and fuel filters will present with the following signs:
- Difficulty starting your engine
- Unexplainable engine noises
- Bad gas mileage
- Odd car movements while driving
Poor air filters will also cause black smoke to exit your vehicle’s exhaust pipe. The fuel system is what keeps your engine running smoothly. This is why a clogged or damaged fuel system will reveal itself with the following symptoms:
- Poor gas mileage
- Delays during acceleration
- Less overall vehicle power
One of the more important things to keep in check is standard tune-ups for your engine. The following signs will let you know when it is time to have your engine undergo a tune-up:
- Various dashboard lights indicate problems
- Delayed acceleration
- Odd noises coming from your car during starting or driving
- A shaking engine
Our Engine-Checking Process in Pacific Beach and Mission Bay
Checking your vehicle’s engine in Pacific Beach or Mission Bay means going through all the necessary components to make sure everything is working as it should. To conduct a thorough engine inspection, we look at all of the following components:
- Ignition coil pack
- Ignition wires
- Ignition modules
- Oil filters
- Fuel pumps
- Engine sensors
- Vapor canister filters
- Crankshaft vent filter
- Spark plug
- Emission control system
- Distributor cap and rotor
Once all of these engine components are checked, we can make a list of which components need repairs and which components need replacements. We can bring this list to you with a written cost estimate of each repair and replacement service. This can be used to help you decide on what repairs are the most important.
If you have any questions, we can tell you the potential consequences of not seeking certain repairs as well as the benefits of having the repairs made. We believe in proving you with the information you need to make the best decision for yourself and your car.
How San Diego Automobile Repair Shop Can Help You
San Diego Automobile Repair Shop can help residents of Mission Bay and Pacific Beach with a variety of benefits that are exclusive to our repair shop. We use ASE certified technicians with professional experience and training in the use of advanced technology and machinery that is designed to accomplish the job right. Other benefits of choosing our repair shop include:
- Free cost estimates for each replacement and repair service
- Free towing services
- Free visual engine inspections
- Affordable engine repair costs
- Up to $500 coverage of insurance deductibles
- We work with several different auto insurance companies
Not only are our mechanics dedicated to customer satisfaction, but they are also willing to work with you each step of the way by explaining the process and answering any questions you might have. Contact the San Diego Automobile Repair Shop in Mission Bay and Pacific Beach at (619) 330-0860 or (619) 330-0862 to set up a free visual engine inspection today.