Affordable Engine Services in Clairemont
Experiencing engine problems or seeing your engine check light turn on can set off stressful thoughts of auto repair expenses and the time it might take to fix your vehicle’s engine. There are also concerns that if you do not have your engine checked, then your car could break down with higher expenses from towing and serious engine repairs or replacement. Whether your engine is stalling or making strange noises, no one wants to deal with these issues.
If you’re experiencing engine troubles, San Diego Automobile Repair Shop in Clairemont. Not only do we provide free towing services for people who experience a break down in the middle of the road, but we also offer affordable prices for high-quality engine repair services. Additionally, we offer free cost estimates for each repair.
Our Automobile Service Excellence certified mechanics also perform free visual inspections to determine the problem. To schedule your free inspection, contact us at (619) 330-0860 or (619) 330-0862.
How We Check Your Engine
There are various steps we take to locate the problem when we examine your vehicle’s engine in Clairemont. Our team of ASE certified technicians conducts a thorough inspection to make sure nothing is missed. When we do our inspection, we look at the following parts and functions:
- Oil filters
- Engine sensors
- Ignition coil pack
- Distributor cap and rotor
- Fuel pumps
- Spark plugs
- Emission control system
- Ignition modules
- Ignition wires
- Crankshaft vent filter
- Vapor canister filters
Checking each of these engine components is important for identifying the cause of your vehicle’s engine trouble. Once we know the causes, we can then list the repairs and replacements that are needed to restore your engine. We will tell you the list of repairs along with an estimated cost for each repair and replacement. Then you can decide which repairs you would like us to take care of.
We can also advise you on what repairs should be prioritized above others in terms of how soon they should be completed. If you ever have any questions along the way, our ASE certified team is prepared to explain the benefits and risks of seeking or not seeking each repair. Our mechanics will not start until you give the go-ahead.
San Diego Engine Repair Services Provided by Us
We offer a comprehensive range of engine repair services at San Diego Automobile Repair Shop Clairemont. You can expect efficient and cost-effective repairs made by professionals who are trained with advanced techniques and machinery. Our goal is to work with you along the way to help identify the problem and arrive with solutions that you agree with. The types of engine repair services we offer include:
- Filter Replacements: All it takes is a bad air filter or fuel filter to make your vehicle’s engine malfunction and break down over time. What we can do is locate and replace clogged air and fuel filters with an extended warranty on the filters we use.
- Engine Diagnosis: When your check engine light comes on or your engine is acting up, we can identify the exact issues causing this along with what repairs or replacements are necessary to solve the issue.
- Fuel System Cleaning: Our three-step fuel system cleaning process is designed to eradicate all the soot that has built-up and clogged your fuel system line, fuel injectors, and other parts that could harm your vehicle’s engine. A lack of proper fuel system maintenance could decrease gas mileage and increase engine problems.
- Tune-Up Services: Having a yearly tune-up is a good idea to fix minor engine problems that could turn into major problems later on. What we can do is examine your engine and advise you about repairs that could help you avoid issues later on. Depending on what we find, we can also replace faulty spark plugs and change idle or timing settings.
Knowing a few common signs of things that can make your engine worse over time can help you avoid major engine problems and break downs in the future. All this involves is being aware of three main things to look out for.
The first component you want to keep an eye on is the condition of your vehicle’s fuel system. Any of these signs could indicate a problematic fuel system:
- Less vehicle power
- Bad gas mileage
- Stalling during acceleration
Clogged air and fuel filters are the second important thing to be aware of. Whenever an air or fuel filter is clogged or damaged, you will notice the following signs:
- Worsening gas mileage
- Engine noises that are unusual
- Jerky motions while driving
- Delays and other problems starting your engine
Faulty air filters will also reveal themselves with black smoke emerging from your vehicle’s exhaust pipe. The third thing you want to be wary of is when your vehicle could use a standard tune-up. Signs your car needs a tune-up include:
- Strange noises
- An engine that shakes
- Dashboard lights that indicate various issues
- Problems or delays with acceleration
What Are the Benefits of Hiring San Diego Automobile Repair Shop Clairemont?
You might be wondering why you should choose San Diego Automobile Repair Shop Clairemont over other repair shops in San Diego. What we uniquely offer is reliable and affordable engine repair services. The benefits of choosing our repair shop in Clairemont include:
- Free cost estimates for each engine repair
- Free visual inspections
- Free towing services
- Professional engine repair inspections and repairs by ASE certified technicians
- Engine repairs you can rely on
- Affordable and competitive prices
If your engine is experiencing problems after an auto accident, we can speak with your auto insurance company to smooth out the claims process. We also provide coverage for up to $500 deductibles. Whenever you feel ready to get started, you can call us at (619) 330-0860 or (619) 330-0862 to set up a free visual inspection with our team.