State-of-the-Art Auto Painting Services in El Cajon
Auto paint damages can happen in El Cajon, California from accidents or wear and tear. In either case, auto paintwork is important for the look of your vehicle. One mistake or scratch can be noticeable. This is why we provide state-of-the-art auto painting technology to ensure the paint job on your vehicle looks seamless.
We accomplish this with hard work and adequate preparation with specialized computerized technology that is designed to make your paint job accurate. Not only that, but our ASE certified technicians undergo up-to-date training on new auto painting techniques to remain in sync with the most advanced painting methods. To start, call San Diego Automobile Repair Shop El Cajon at 619) 330-0860 or (619) 330-0862.
San Diego Auto Painting Services
To avoid wasting time and money, you want to pick technicians who can accomplish the job correctly the first time. Our ASE certified technicians undergo advanced auto painting training and use the latest technology to ensure the paintwork is done right. We provide auto painting services like:
- Flat Black Painting: Flat black paint is designed to make old paint jobs look fresh and new. The first thing we do is clean the vehicle surface and then dewax the outside with a vacuum to make sure the surface is ready for the sealer. A sealer is applied to give the 2k black finish a smooth look.
- Auto Painting Services: Anytime your vehicle suffers a scratch or paint chipped areas, we can fill in those damaged areas with the exact same paint color through our computerized paint color matching software. We start by cleaning the surface through sanding and chemicals. After the sealer is applied, we use the paint matching software to apply the exact color paint you need for a seamless finish.
- SUV/Pickup Painting Services: Our repair shop in El Cajon gives customers access to a variety of packages for painting pickup trucks and SUVs.
- Bumper Painting: The same advanced auto painting technology is used for bumpers to give your bumper a professional look.
- Custom Auto Painting: When it comes to custom auto painting, this is when things can become complicated, but not for our experienced team. We are prepared for almost any kind of custom paintwork and use a powerful 2k primer with premium-level paint products. Our goal is to give you a high-quality paint job that will last, so we also apply a 2k base coat followed by clear coats and 2k sealers.
What Our Painting Process Looks Like
One of the first steps we will take is listening to what kind of paintwork you want done and inspecting your vehicle to see exactly what we will need to do. Next, we will provide you with a written cost estimate to give you various options. Even when you have made your decision, the collaboration process does not stop there.
We will walk you through each step to make sure you know what is happening during each stage of the painting process. If there are any damages such as dents, we will usually repair these first unless you prefer otherwise. Parts that need replacement will be replaced. Once all the scratches and other paint damages are inspected and accounted for, we will commence cleaning the outside of your car by sanding and priming.
Sanding consists of smoothing out the surface to make sure the finish comes out entirely seamless. We make sure to seal any windows and cover any parts that you do not want painted. Then we apply a 2k primer and sealer to make sure the paint sticks well and lasts longer.
After going through this process with you, we will match the original paint of your vehicle to the new paint coat that we will apply with computerized paint-matching software. This guarantees the paint you buy matches and appears as accurate as possible. Three coats of paint are applied to build a strong coat. Lastly, the tape and paper seals are removed to see the final product.
Before you pay for our auto painting services in El Cajon, our manager will inspect the paintwork to check for any errors and to make sure your car is ready to go. To make sure you are satisfied with our work, we will go over and inspect the paintwork with you before you fill out the final paperwork.
Questions and Suggestions for Auto Paintwork
There are some common questions customers have regarding auto paint services and the different steps that go into this kind of job. Some of the most common questions revolve around:
- Paint-matching. Naturally, customers have concerns about whether the new paint will match the old paint, especially for vintage vehicles. The trick we use is an advanced computerized paint-matching software that promises accuracy and precision paintwork.
- Sealers. With all the various chemicals involved in auto painting, some people wonder what a sealer is. A sealer is a chemical that makes the paint adhere more strongly to your vehicle, creates a smooth surface, and results in a seamless finish.
- Single-Stage and Base Coat-Clear. Many people wonder what the difference is between these two different application styles of paint. A base coat-clear application style uses two stages, applying the paint color then adding a clear protective coat. The single-stage paint application process involves applying the paint color and resin simultaneously.
At Automobile Repair Shop El Cajon, we recommend seeking a repair shop that meets your specific needs. Not every repair shop offers water-based paints or metallic painting like we do.
Why You Should Hire Us at San Diego Automobile Repair Shop El Cajon
What makes our ASE certified technicians stand out at San Diego Automobile Repair Shop El Cajon is we train our staff members with updated painting techniques as the auto painting process evolves to make sure your car is receiving up-to-date paintwork. With our precise paint-matching software, you can rest assured that our paint will match your vehicle’s original paint color.
Feel free to give us a call today at (619) 330-0860 or (619) 330-0862 for a free cost estimate on how much your paint job will be. We are prepared to go over the process with you.